- Stock market news live updates: Stock futures rise after Dow's worst drop in nearly two monthson October 27, 2020 at 11:49 am
Stock futures rose higher Tuesday morning after a selloff on Wall Street pushed the Dow and S&P 500 to their biggest one-day drops in more than a month.
- Santander Rebounds From Giant Loss With Profit, Capital Lifton October 27, 2020 at 11:13 am
(Bloomberg) -- Banco Santander SA rebounded from its worst-ever quarter with a profit that beat estimates and improved capital as it seeks to convince regulators that its balance sheet is strong enough to resume dividend payments.Net income totaled 1.75 […]
- Merck raises annual profit outlook as Keytruda drives profit beaton October 27, 2020 at 10:57 am
Merck said it now expects full-year adjusted profit of between $5.91 and $6.01 per share, compared with its prior forecast of between $5.63 to $5.78 per share. For 2020, Merck now expects an unfavorable impact to revenue of about $2.35 billion due to the […]
- Pfizer not yet ready to release COVID-19 vaccine dataon October 27, 2020 at 10:51 am
Pfizer's CEO Albert Bourla has said the company could release data on whether or not the vaccine works as early as this month, but the company said in a presentation that the independent data monitoring board which will determine whether or not the trial has […]
- AMD Agrees to Buy Chipmaker Xilinx in $35 Billion All-Stock Dealon October 27, 2020 at 10:50 am
- Caterpillar reports 54% drop in quarterly earningson October 27, 2020 at 10:44 am
Caterpillar Inc on Tuesday reported lower third-quarter earnings as equipment sales fell across all three primary segments. Caterpillar Chief Executive Jim Umpleby, however, said the company was witnessing "positive signs" in certain industries and […]
- AMD to buy chip peer Xilinx for $35 billion in data center pushon October 27, 2020 at 10:35 am
The deal, which AMD expects to close at the end of 2021, will create a combined company with 13,000 engineers and a completely outsourced manufacturing strategy that relies heavily on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) . The two U.S. firms have […]
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) Released Earnings Last Week And Analysts Lifted Their Price Target To US$7.85on October 27, 2020 at 10:30 am
Investors in Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) had a good week, as its shares rose 9.5% to close at US$8.52 following...
- Chairman Plattner buys nearly $300 million in SAP stockon October 27, 2020 at 10:26 am
Hasso Plattner, chairman and co-founder of SAP, bought shares worth nearly $300 million in the German software company on Monday after a once-in-a-generation price slide triggered when management dumped its profit targets. The 76-year-old billionaire bought […]
- Ant IPO By the Numbers: It’s Bigger Than Finland’s GDPon October 27, 2020 at 10:25 am
(Bloomberg) -- There’s no shortage of superlatives for Ant Group Co.’s initial public offering. Here’s a look at some of the key metrics, and why billionaire Jack Ma seems to be such a fan of the number eight.IPO: $34.5 BillionAnt’s $34.5 billion IPO […]
- Viral photo sparks concerns about Indonesia's 'Jurassic Park'on October 27, 2020 at 11:33 am
The viral image has raised questions about the conservation impact on the animal native to Indonesia.
- France warns citizens to be cautious as anger seethes in Muslim world over cartoonson October 27, 2020 at 11:05 am
France warned its citizens living or travelling in several Muslim-majority countries to take extra security precautions on Tuesday as anger surged over cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad. In a sign that some countries want to limit the fallout, Saudi Arabia […]
- Hillary Clinton said it's 'pathetic' that Pompeo promised to release more of her emails ahead of the electionon October 27, 2020 at 6:44 am
Pompeo pledged to release more of Clinton's State Department emails in Fox News interview earlier this month.
- In pictures: Silverado wildfire rages in Californiaon October 27, 2020 at 2:22 am
The Silverado fire broke out just before sunrise on Monday in Orange County, south of Los Angeles.
- Trump supporter pulls gun on protesters after unknown liquid is dumped on himon October 27, 2020 at 1:55 am
The man was not cited or arrested for pointing his gun at a group of young anti-Trump protestors
- In California: Fires prompt evacuations in OC; PG&E cuts off power to 1M peopleon October 27, 2020 at 12:23 am
Plus: Restaurants sue state over liquor licenses paid during shutdowns, and Californians will reconsider affirmative action at the ballot box
- Teen watching sunset with girlfriend fatally shot – possibly by hunter, PA police sayon October 27, 2020 at 12:20 am
The 18-year-old was sitting next to his girlfriend by a lake when he was shot, police say.
- 'Worst time to resign' says under-fire Barca presidenton October 27, 2020 at 12:08 am
Under-pressure Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu suggested Monday that "now would be the worst time" to leave his post.
- Coronavirus in the U.S. is spreading like 'wildfire,' epidemiologist sayson October 26, 2020 at 11:56 pm
"The U.S. is now seeing a pretty widespread transmission across the board,” said William Hanage, an associate professor of epidemiology.
- Atlanta rapper Silento charged with driving 143 mphon October 26, 2020 at 11:52 pm
Atlanta rapper Silento was arrested on Friday and accused of driving 143 mph on Interstate 85, according to authorities.